Monday 24 July 2023

FROOT LOOPS - Willy Wonka

 Kellogg's FROOT LOOPS - Willy Wonka Edition (Gene Wilder)


Now I'm normally already a big fan of Froot Loops in our home and native land, but I am aware that because of our food regulations we can't have artificial colours added and that can be one of many differences present in American vs Canadian Froot Loops (which I have yet to compare). However before I ever make that Head to Head review, I saw this during my trip as well and had to give it a shot. Cracking open the box the smells aren't that intense, but I am getting a hint of blue raspberry. Why exactly blue raspberry? Because the first thing that came to my mind were those blue raspberry gummies you'd buy at a Bulk Barn and this had me intrigued. This cereal is extremely colourful thanks to the American's more lax regulations on food additives and I've honestly been so used to ours on this side of the border it kind of hit me with some nostalgia from when I was growing up as a kid. The cereal itself tastes all the same because each piece is studded with what I'm assuming is a dissolvable blue raspberry/mixed berry concentrate that's intended to make your milk taste as such, but I will say that while chewing the flavours quickly diminish into a basic corn cereal flavour which was kind of disappointing. The milk itself takes on a fantastic pink hue and tastes amazing like advertised 'berry-licious'. The cereal doesn't hold up as well as the Honey Oh's I covered over a week ago, but with it coming from a different cereal manufacturer you can't expect the same. Overall, the milk is great, cereal isn't so much. Fun gimmick though.

Aroma 3/5
Colour 5/5
Packaging 3/5
Flavour 2.5/5
Lasting Crunch 3/5
Post Cereal Milk 5/5
Overall 3.58/5


No comments:

Post a Comment