Thursday 8 December 2016

Reader's Request! Throwback Thursday - Trix!

 A little late for Thursday, but nevertheless I will be doing a Throwback Thursday edition of my Super Cereal Reviews hopefully once a month or more featuring older cereals we already know of and some we hold dear to our hearts while we were growing up. This month is Trix. Textures and lasting crispiness hasn't differed compared to Finding Dory however the aromas and flavours have changed. Trix had a mellower sweet and fruity nose to it dry and after adding milk it definitely helps bring that out more. The overall flavour was more fruity, but also had a mild generic corn puffs after taste. The milk carried more of the flavours than I had expected after my cereal was done. No puzzles on this box too. It seems that there have been many job cuts from cereal production to creative design since I was a kid.

I thought I would add a second picture to really showcase how big of a bowl I had. It was about half of the box. Trix used to come in different shapes to represent the different fruits that were supposed to be featured in the cereal, but now its shape has turned into boring generic balls. I've now come to realize the Finding Dory cereal is the same colour scheme as the Trix just with two of the colours on one of the puffs and the other two colours on the other puffs - way to cut costs! Trix isn't the same as it used to be. It's still a good sugary cereal, but doesn't carry the nostalgic weight it used to for me after eating it. 
Aroma 4.5/5
Colour 4/5
Packaging 3.5/5
Flavour 3.5/5
Lasting Crunch 5/5
Post Cereal Milk 4/5
Overall 4.1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment